Maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet while working from home can be especially challenging. Most people end up eating unhealthy and fast food, leading to weight gain, lack of energy, lethargy, and health issues.
Do you regularly wander into your kitchen while working in your home office, snacking on chocolate chip cookies or crisps? Then you should learn about these vegan food recipes to keep you energized while you work remotely for a healthier and more efficient day.
Whether you want to follow a vegan diet or you find it difficult to cook healthy meals while managing your work schedule as a remote worker.
5 Quick and Healthy Vegan Recipes for Remote Workers
With these quick and healthy vegan food recipes, you are sure to maintain a healthy diet along with a productive work schedule:
Here is a wholesome recipe for a nutritious and filling lunch bowl with the magic of Mediterranean flavours. A fantastic combination of taste, powerful proteins, and balanced vitamins.
- Mix a cup of chickpeas, Shawarma seasoning, maple syrup, and salt. Bake this mixture in an oven till the chickpeas are golden brown and crispy.
- Add tabbouleh and vegan tzatziki—mix coconut yogurt, black olives, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, and sliced carrots.
- Add a dressing of olive oil, slightly infused with a dash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
If you thought that your choice of a vegan lifestyle is going to keep you away from the delicious Italian lasagna, think again!
Here is a super delicious Italian lasagna recipe that you can pop into the oven when you start work and it’s ready by lunchtime.
- Create a vegan pasta sauce—Sauté mushrooms, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and carrots in a pan. Add rosemary leaves, chili flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In another pan, take some olive oil and add some flour to it. Gently roast the flour and add almond milk, or hemp milk to create a sauce. Keep whisking it to ensure that no lumps remain.
- Mix the vegetables and vegan sauce. Add vegan cheddar cheese to the sauce.
- Take a baking plate and coat it with olive oil. Spread a layer of tomato pasta sauce generously on it.
- Cover with lasagna sheets. Spread the vegan pasta sauce on the lasagna sheets. Grate some fresh vegan cheddar cheese on top.
- Repeat till you have about three layers.
- Garnish with fresh seasonings—sage, rosemary, basil.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes to an hour.
3.Indian Lentil Soup (Indian Dal Fry) with bread
This awesome combination of Indian lentil is an age-old combination of proteins and carbohydrates is sure to give you the energy for all your high-octane meetings.
- Soak a combination of Indian lentils for about an hour. Wash the lentils and cook them in a pressure cooker, inst-pot, or even a sauce-pan.
- Once cooked, add some water if necessary and allow the dal to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add some salt, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt.
- Add the tempering to the top: Heat olive oil on a skillet, cumin, mustard seeds, till the seeds begin to crackle. Add asafetida and mix well.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, and a whole red chili or green chili to the tempering and cook till translucent.
- Add the tempering to the dal mix.
- Optional additions: Garam Masala mix, amchur seasoning, and a dollop of vegan butter and coriander leaves for garnish.
- Eat with bread, naan, or roti.
- Serve with a salad of finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and cucumber mixed with salt, cumin powder, chili powder, and lemon juice.
This scrumptious Mexican bowl is the best Mexican meal you can think of. A lovely combination of black beans, veggies, lemon rice, guacamole, vegan cheese, and vegan sour cream for a lovely lunch while you work away!
- In a saucepan, sauté chopped onions in olive oil along with Mexican season, cayenne pepper, oregano, and cumin. Add some chopped tomatoes and sauté till soft.
- Add a can of black beans, and corn and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- For the lemon rice: Toss together a bowl of cooked basmati rice, lemon juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Guacamole: Deseed an avocado. Mash the flesh of the avocado with a fork. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well. You may also add red chilli flakes for extra spice.
- Vegan Sour cream: Blend cashew nuts, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, water, and salt in a blender.
- Salad: Lettuce leaves, tomatoes, onions, nacho chips, and vegan Monterey jack cheese.
- Toss everything together for a delightful Mexican bowl.
5.Thai Green Curry and Rice
Who doesn’t love a combination of zesty Thai flavours, with crunchy vegetables along with the wholesome fill of lemon rice?
- Take a large skillet with deep sides and heat it well on medium heat. Add some oil to it when it is adequately hot. Add sliced onions, ginger, and garlic. Toss well.
- Add salt and cook for about five minutes. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Add vegetables of your choice to the above mixture. Be creative! Choose vegetables like asparagus, carrots, French beans, broccoli, baby corn, mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, capsicum, bok choy, and bamboo shoots to name a few. You may also add pineapple or apples for a sweet-tangy twist to the green curry.
- Add the Thai curry paste (easily available in all stores). Or you may create one by mixing together a stalk of lemongrass, 2 green chilies, 1 sliced onion, 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced ginger, fresh basil, fresh coriander or cilantro, lime juice, water, coconut milk, salt, sugar, cumin powder, and ground white pepper. Add a dash of soya sauce and a pinch of wasabi for extra punch.
- Add coconut milk, water, and sugar in a pan.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add spinach leaves, salt, and red chili flakes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with rice.
The key to healthy food habits while doing remote work is planning your meals and having healthy foods and ingredients handy.
However, should have a super busy day at the home office there is the option of a vegan take-away.
As a remote worker you may travel around the world like a digital nomad so check out this article about the best vegan foods while traveling.